QUEBEC CITY, QC, October 07, 2021 /24-7PressRelease/ — Unfortunately, even in the 21st century, domestic violence continues to plague society. The United Nations defines domestic violence as a pattern of behavior used to gain or retain control over an intimate partner. Abuse could be physical, psychological, or even economic and can affect people of all sexes, races, sexual orientations, and socio-economic backgrounds. Research suggests that during the initial months of the Covid-19 pandemic, global levels of domestic violence witnessed a dramatic increase.
Are You Being Abused?
Recognize the telling signs of domestic violence to save yourself from a toxic relationship. Does your partner:
• Embarrass you in front of family or friends?
• Belittle your accomplishments?
• Make you feel like you are incapable of making any decisions?
• Threaten you to gain compliance?
• Call you several times a day to make sure of your whereabouts?
• Use drugs or alcohol as an excuse for abusing you?
• Blame you for their feelings or actions?
In response to any of the above, do you:
• Feel scared of your partner’s behavior?
• Make excuses to others for your partner’s behavior?
• Try not to do something that might anger your partner?
If any of the above-listed things are occurring in your relationship, you are in an abusive household. You must immediately talk to someone and seek help to get out of this situation.
Crystal Maracle is a domestic violence and addictions worker based in Ontario, Canada. Her organization offers help to survivors of abuse and also creates awareness of this grave issue. She caters to people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religions.
For those located in Canada, please try reaching out to the Canadian Mental Health Association in case of an emergency.
The National Domestic Abuse Centre will be an excellent resource if you’re based in the United States.
If you or someone you know want to seek help in getting out of an abusive relationship, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Crystal Maracle at .
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here